The Experian National Business Database is an industry leading dataset that contains core business address, names and unique identifier information, as well as additional information such as SIC codes, phone and fax numbers.
Enhancing the business records your organisation holds will help improve your communications effectiveness, and increase the decision making value of your data.View the Business Data online demo
Business data key benefits
- Data integrity - Improve the accuracy of your business records for clearer decision making
- Effective communications - Ensure the right message arrives at the right place
- Business intelligence - profile your business records with greater confidence
- Contains 2.79 million business records
- 120,000 updates to the Experian National Business Database every month
- Available as a dataset add-on to our full suite of address management solutions
- Comprehensive coverage of additional data such as telephone/fax numbers, SIC codes and business types, with further information available directly from Experian
What does the Experian National Business Database contain?
- Telephone and fax numbers - contains telephone and fax number information, providing the main contact numbers for each business
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes and Yellow Pages/Thomson classification - used to classify businesses by the activity they are involved in, and the type of products and services they offer. The codes can be used to profile a database of customers or prospects
- Employee numbers - at a given site/company
- Location types - indication of whether the address refers to a head office, a branch of a company, or a single location. A Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) indicator is also available
- Commercial MOSAIC - detailed mapping of the commercial sectors to help identify future prospects
- Company registration numbers - used to confirm company details and for legal and invoicing purposes
- Business Location URN - Unique Reference Number of the business location. Used for de-duplication and obtaining further information from Experian
Where is our business data sourced from?
Our business data is sourced from Experian's National Business Database, which is drawn from 10 independent data sources. The majority of company records held within the database originate from Companies House, Yellow Pages and Thomson Directory data. Further information comes from BT's OSIS file and Experian's credit referencing business, amongst other sources.